If you rent out your property for domestic purposes you have various responsibilities.
A landlords responsibilities include:
- Keeping your rented properties safe and free from health hazards
- Making sure all gas and electrical equipment you supply is safely installed and maintained
- Following fire safety regulations
- Providing an Energy Performance Certificate for the property
- Protecting your tenantâ€™s deposit in a government-approved scheme
- Ensuring, where required, that the property has an HMO licence
- Ensuring that you or your agent are registered and licensed to act as a landlord. The registration and licensing scheme will be delivered via Rent Smart Wales
For more information on the Deposit Protection Scheme, Tenancy Agreements, Evicting Tenants, Energy Performance Certificates and a Guide to Renting Out your Property please visit Gov.uk.
Forms and Guidance